I haven’t written in a few days and I’m not completely sure why except that I don’t know what to say. It’s not that there is nothing going on. In fact it is just the opposite. My mind seems to be spinning already with Christmas and I just want to curl up under a blanket and take a nap. But, this year I am determined to not get stressed. (Is that possible?) I hate that the season that is supposed to mean so much usually ends up lost in rushing around. This year, I will savor the season.
I sit here typing with my first plan for enjoying the winter moments…online shopping with my coffee and pumpkin spice cream. Mmmmm. Love the combination.
Do you need some gift ideas? Here’s some of the things I am looking at this year.
- The frame shop has some options that might be great for friends or family. Remember the letter frames? They are completely customizable and you can spell a last name or favorite team. Dave can also frame a number of items…family heirlooms, football jerseys, baby outfits, etc.
- A great gift for a little girl is Loving Family Dollhouse and accessories. My little girl LOVES it. She wakes up most days saying, “I wanna git up and pway wif my doll house.”
- This one can’t be ready in time for Christmas…but what a fun gift for kids. Totally customizable too.
- I love supporting home businesses. This guy makes some cool wooden toys. Here’s his semi truck.
- I’m considering the “Create Your Own–Three Dress Set” for Eden since she LOVES dress up.
- O.K. This last one has nothing to do with Christmas shopping…but it’s the outfits I’ve picked out for the kids to wear on Christmas. This one is for Zeke. And this is for Eden and her doll.
I am at a loss for what to buy the adults in my life…but I’ll have the kids done in no time. I try to keep it to three gifts for each of them. Well, three gifts and and an ornament. I select an ornament that has some meaning relating to the past year and it’s my hope that when they move out they will have a set of ornaments to take with them.
And since a blog post without a picture is like December without hot chocolate. Here is a small peek of Bryan and Michelle’s wedding Saturday. Can you believe this weather?!