Here’s a little secret for you….we are hoping to move in the next year or so. (Of course, with this market we may be in this house forever). It’s not a bad house by any means. In fact, I rather like it. But it is missing a few items we’d really like. Most of all, since my decision to work from home (you can read more about that here), I would love space to set up an awesome home based studio space. Our current house has no room for anything like that. There is no garage, the basement ceilings are too low, and neither of my kids are willing to give up their bedroom. 😉 I can still shoot here but it doesn’t have the BIG studio look like I’ve grown accustomed to and love.
Here is some inspiration I am trying not to get to excited about because our house may never sell.
- Amanda Padgham and her studio featured here. (Loving the crisp white with splashes of color.)
- Jodie Otte and her converted studio found here. (Now, I need to paint a wall gray. Perfection.)
- Daniela Berkhout and her renovated carriage house here. (Any chance we’d find a new home with a carriage house?)
I am dreaming of purple, gray, and white everywhere. Lots of clean lines. Hardwood floors. Yum!
Here’s a little mood board I put together so you can get an idea of what I’m thinking.
- Chandelier – Honestly, at almost $2000 I can’t afford this. But I love it. Definitely will be searching for a knock off of some type.
- Six Drawer Dresser – I love drawers. In my mind they are the epitome of organization. Without them my clutter is exposed to the world.
- Lalique Anemones – I just love anemones. They are my favorite flower I think. This is a cool glass version…again totally unaffordable. ;(
- Phone – Who wouldn’t be happier talking on a purple phone?
- Purple Chaise Lounge – Gotta have a chaise lounge. Gotta.
- White Rug – I’m not sure I’d be brave enough to go white on the rug. But in theory, I love it.
- Pillow Option One – The pillows represent more of just a need for pattern. Not sure if it’d be on pillows, art, curtains….but somewhere some funky and fun elements like these.
- Pillow Option 2
- Pillow Option 3
For the last few years thoughts of decorating have been fleeting. When you are working 40+ hours a week (without childcare for the most part) painting, hanging art, and furniture all take a back seat to survival. But now that I am back home so much more I am starting to remember how much I enjoy a little interior design. The problem though?I don’t want to spend much time and money on a house we may be selling soon. Hmmmm. So for now, I guess I will be content to think and dream about our new space and the renovations I will do.
On that note, please stop back tomorrow because I have a few design tips to share. (Specifically, decorating with photos.) I have been taking down many of our photos lately in an attempt to possibly put this guy on the market. But I will live vicariously through others and hopefully help some of you hang your own photos along the way.